Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Take a Deeeeeep Breath.......

As my children follow me around the house...pull on my legs....trip me.....try to tackle me when I sit down to have a break from my busy day.....I feel an impatience start to rise within me. Have you ever had those days when your children will literally not let you walk from one room to another without stopping you for something? My list of duties are endless...the laundry needs to be folded, the house needs to be cleaned, the fridge needs organizing....ugh....then when I am in another room alone, my children are calling my name and demanding their sippies, toys, books, etc. It's enough to drive someone to have a bad day.

But when I stop and take a deeeeeep breath.....focus on who God is....and what He has done for me.....my perspective starts to change. I am home. My husband is out working hard to provide for a family he loves, a family he would give his life for...I have two sweet little boys, I have laundry to fold and a house to clean....I am thankful.....truly thankful.

We all need a little perspective change sometimes. We all need to stop what we are doing and just hang out with the little ones following us around :) There will be a time when they are no longer interested in you, they will be grown and have  life of their own.

May we all face our challenges with patience and most importantly, trust that God will see us through the bad days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment