Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Apple Bundt Cake

The leaves are finally falling... the air is crisper...the nuts are falling from the trees! Sweaters are out of totes and washed...they are worn and tea and coffee are sipped whilst wearing them.... and fuzzy warm socks. I am so excited for the weather change. This summer has seemed endless and I know this fall has been mild thus far. I hope for cooler days and warm, cozy nights. I have a recipe my friend Charlotte gave me and it is very fit for the season. Deelish!!

Here you are... and I tell you this cake is ridiculously too good :)

Apple Cake

1 C Demarara Sugar
1 1/2 C Oil
2 Eggs
1 t Salt
2 t Vanilla
1 T Lemon Juice
3 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 t Soda
1/2 C Chopped Dates
1 C Coconut
1/2 t Nutmeg
1 t Cinnamon
3 C Peeled and Chopped Apples
1 C Nuts (Optional)

Glaze

2/3 C Sugar
1/2 t Soda
1 Stick Butter
1/2 C Buttermilk
1 T Karo Syrup

Mix sugar, oil, egg, lemon, salt and vanilla. Beat well. Add dry ingredients,  mix well. Add fruit, coconut  and nuts. Pour into bundt pan. 325 for 1 1/2 hours. **Glaze- Add soda at the last minute, then boil for 3 minutes. Pour 1/2 glaze on toothpick poked cake in pan. Turn over after 10 minutes, pour rest of glaze on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment