Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Something to Think About Myself....About.....

Last night my Husband was talking to our Pastor and his Wife and he said something that made me smile. "My Wife is delicate...you know...and she also doesn't like getting dirty..." I know I probably didn't get the exact quote...but I got the gist of it though.

It is interesting how our Husbands view us, especially to other people. I agree with him, I am delicate and I like being neat and clean. My wrists are teeny tiny and I do not have much upper body strength. It just made me smile because I know he meant it in an endearing way and I feel he was re-discovering that I was that kind of a woman. I am not the kind of gal who loves to garden and roll around in the dirt for hours. I enjoy flowers and gardens and all that each entail, I just would rather not have to do the dirty work, so to speak.

When we are encouraged to see our husbands or wives the way they truly are......and not who you want them to be....I feel it can renew your love for them. You see them and remember that person you fell in love with....the companion that you could not wait to marry. You can wish for better things, even different things for them, but it's nice to see them as they are...and love them for it.

I was blessed to hear what he had to say, and I know he has a desire to honor who I am, skinny wrists and all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment