Friday, April 6, 2012

Fresh Granola

Do you guys want to make some granola with me?

Awesome.

This is a really easy recipe and you can mix it up any way you like.

Here's the recipe:

20 c dry goods
2 1/2 c coconut oil
2 1/2 c sweetener
1 1/2 t salt
2 t vanilla

Bake at 275 for 45 minutes. Rotate pans every 15 minutes if you cannot place sheets side by side.

This is what I did....this time. I do it depending on what I want to get rid of/use from the pantry.

3 c diced prunes
2 c coconut
2 c sunflower seeds
2 c ground flax
2 c wheat germ
2 c chocolate chips
7 c quick oats

2 1/2 c coconut oil
1/4 honey
2 1/4 maple syrup
salt vanilla






I took all the dry ingredients (besides the salt) and put it all in a HUGE bowl. You can see me in the bowl :)



I then got all the wet ingredients (including salt) and placed on the stove top, warming until melted.






I poured the melted goodness into the dry and stirred until fully incorporated. Using cooking sheets lined with parchment paper, I pour the granola and spread.



I throw in the oven side by side and bake @ 275 for 45 minutes.

After it cools, it should fill 2 gallon ziploc bags. I keep it in the fridge, but it doesn't last very long :)

Here's the finished product.


We love to eat it as cereal with almond or coconut milk. You can use on yogurt too.

Hope you enjoy yours!!!

Now it's time for Pilates.

No comments:

Post a Comment