Friday, June 22, 2012

Who Am I, Anyway?

I look back at my teens/20's and cringe. **Shudder/Chills/Face Palm**

I had NO idea who I was..what I wanted. Have you ever known someone that is pretty much the same person with the same interests and tastes...even the same friends after 20+ years? Yeah, me too. I am not one of them.

It wasn't until I was nearing my 30's I started to really KNOW who I was....what I liked. I became more comfortable in my own skin. I looked up to my brother and sister, so it was natural for me to change tastes and styles...even friends. I never really stayed on one thing, it changed as the years rolled by. From black mod eyeliner to skater shorts and long shirts, to blue hair and pierced tongue...so many different styles to name. I'm thankful that I went through those times, though. It makes me appreciate where I am right now.

I will tell you a few things.. what I like and don't like.

Like:

Real people.
Transparency.
Honesty.
Chocolate.
Lattes.
Hummus dip.
Birds.
Laughter.
80's/90's memories.
Black coffee in the morning.
Humility.
A sweet smelling home.

Dislike:

Conditional friends/family.
Phony people.
Liar pants.
Stuck up-edness.
Seafood.
Soy.
A messy house.
Cranky people.
Hate mongers
Gory/Horror movies
Bugs.


There. Here's a teensy little list as to what I have discovered about myself. Random, I know. That's just how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment