Saturday, September 28, 2013

I Like Being Boring

I went to a coffee shop last night and this guy kept trying to talk to/hit on me. I was polite and made sure he saw my wedding ring.... but he persisted to ask questions and try to get to know me.

I told him I was boring. I said I pretty much do the same thing every week. Every Friday was errand day. "So you do this EVERY Friday?" As if that all of the sudden made me lame.

Taken aback, he wasn't sure what I meant and tried to tell me he's sure MY life wouldn't be boring. I laughed and told him I liked it that way. It's comfortable...and safe.

Even though I had at least 10 years on the guy, I was flattered. I even teased my husband who was waiting in the car for his latte and got a kick out of him telling me no one hits on him.

I am so glad my life is boring... at least compared to many single and uber-social people out there. I am not overcome with a desire to keep up with what's cool. I am not pressured to compromise like I was when I was younger. I am comfortable wearing what I like.... being how I like and feeling okay with it all. I enjoy my 30's. I know who I am and am so glad I am not searching for who I need to be.

Most importantly, I am content RIGHT were God has me. I am thankful I belong to Him. I felt out of place sipping my coffee and looking around. Don't get me wrong, it's not like everyone that's in a coffee shop is lost. I was just observing everyone there at that moment.

So I'll take the wrinkles and the outdated music. I'll take bathing my little guys in the evening and doing the same things over and over again. I'll take being boring. It's really underrated.




No comments:

Post a Comment