Sunday, February 9, 2014

"You're Pretty"

I told my friend the other day I wished someone thought I was pretty.

You know, sometimes, as a Mama, I feel worn out and not very attractive. I am aging and heading into my 40's.... that does something to a girl. You see young girls all around you and suddenly become aware of how much you have changed over the last 15 years.

Even though I am married and I know my husband thinks I am pretty.... oh... why bother explaining... you all know EXACTLY what I am talking about!

After church this afternoon, we headed to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things. As I was strapping my four year old in the vehicle, he tells me he wants to give me a kiss. "Is it because I'm your Mama?"

"No. Because you're pretty."

Well.

It took me a couple minutes to realize my request had been answered. Someone thought I was pretty. Not nice or smart..... pretty. I had to smile to myself, then I thanked God for that sweet little reminder.

I should not even desire that someone finds me pretty. My worth is in Jesus and what He did for me. He took my place and bore my shame and sinfulness. I am accepted. That is enough.

So, I thanked God that my vain little complaint was granted in a way I never imagined. My little boy is a sweet reminder that God listens to me.... and He grants me small things... in spite of myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment