Sunday, September 6, 2015

Checking in..

Well, school has been official for two weeks now. I have had my good days and my not so good days. For the most part, though... I think it has gone rather well :) My little ones are smart and eager to learn. I am doing history with my oldest and he loves it! Even my youngest pops his head in the kitchen at the table and joins in on the fun.

We have acquired two ducks and 5 baby chicks. Funny story, a couple of hens were hatching out the babies and when they hatched, a rouge hen that cannot lay anymore tried to take over. The chicks ended up being stuck under the chicken house all night because the crazy hen wanted all the chicks and was fighting with the mama hen. It reminds me of that cartoon when I was little about the hen that was never able to lay eggs. Do you remember that? She had glasses and a blue bonnet?!

We had a yard sale Saturday. We were so excited! We stayed up late Friday night, placed 5 different local ads on the interwebs.... no one showed. Well, the mailman did, but he kind of had to anyway. He pulled on in and we made a whopping $2.50. I even talked my mother in law into bringing some of her stuff up... for nothing. Haha, oh life lessons. I guess that's what you get when you move to the middle of nowhere.

I am going to start Youtube videos again. I'll try it out and if I don't like it, or I feel as if it's too negative for me, I'll shut it down. I don't have time for stuff like that and I am getting old. I don't have as much tolerance for nonsense :)

That's about it for now. Just checking in and letting you know I am still alive and well. A little chubbier, but well :)


No comments:

Post a Comment