Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Perfectly Planned Shopping Trip

I love sharing ideas. I love hearing ideas. Anything that makes this life easier I am willing to at least give it a try.

So I have right here... plans for a perfect shopping trip.

You know how you go out shopping for food and household stuff, just to get home and realize you forgot light bulbs?! Ugh, how could I forget? Well, I had this problem until I started doing one thing differently.

I write my shopping list by ROOM now.

Let me give you an example.

I sit down on my comfy couch, felt tipped pen in hand, ready to write down my items. I picture every room in my house. I remember how the boy's room needs light bulbs. Oh yeah, and maybe another throw rug, theirs is getting pretty worn. Since I am not just focusing on food, I focus on each room and that way I won't forget anything. Not even laundry detergent, because I thought of the laundry room. Oh yeah, and I think I'm out of spray and wash.

So when I get to the kitchen, I finally get to the food. Fridge and freezer first, then pantry.

See how it works?!

Maybe you could give it a try and leave feedback for me. Maybe it's not a good fit for you. It fits me perfectly. Well.... when I have time to remember. *ahem*


No comments:

Post a Comment