Friday, March 3, 2017

Laundry Tips

Here are some tips that I would love to share with you.

You know me... the easier the better.

I like to semi-break my wash week into types.

First, I have designated days for certain loads.

Mondays and Thursdays I wash all towels. My goal is the get them washed at least twice in the week. I walk around the house first thing in the morning and gather all towels, hand towels and dish rags. I wash it all in the morning (at least attempt to) so the rest of the day is free.

Tuesdays are sheets and linens. When I wake up the boys, instead of making their beds, they strip their sheets, along with the other laundry that is in their basket upstairs. I do mine as well. Again, my goal is to wash first thing so the rest of the day is free.

Second, I wash on an as needed basis.

That means I pretty much keep an eye on the laundry and if I see a load of delicates accumulating, I wash. Same goes for jeans, socks, etc.

That's it.

Pretty easy, huh? I promise, if you stick by this routine, it will run smoothly. I would rather do loads here and there throughout the week than let it pile up and slap myself for having to catch up. Which I still do sometimes. So I know it works.

Give it a try! Maybe it will be a good fit for you, maybe not. It never hurts to try things for a while!

If you have any tips, let me know, I always love to incorporate simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment